Notion has over 30M users worldwide 🤯 But most people still don't know its full potential.
Here's 10 Notion hacks that are so valuable they almost feel illegal to know
1. Build flowcharts2. Anchor links3. Custom font + color4. Breadcrumbs5. Borders & Transparent Boxes6. Add widgets7. Nested To Do List8. Create columns in callouts/toggles9. GIF Covers + Icons10. Synced blocks
1. Build flowcharts
You can build flowcharts directly in Notion without any integrations or widgets.
- Type /code and pick Code - Mermaid
- Type in the code below (id1(Name of block), id2(...)"
- Connect your blocks by writing --> between as shown.
2. Anchor links
You can link directly to somewhere on your current Notion page.
- Find the block located at the place you want to link to
- Right click on the block and click "Copy link to block"
- CTRL + V on text that you want to be the link.
3. Custom font + color
You can create custom fonts and colorways, even borders, without any widgets.
- Type /inlineequation
- Pick one of the 3 options shown below
- Insert, customize colors to your liking, click Done.
Notion can be endless and you can lost. With breadcrumbs you can place a link showing how far you've gone, anywhere.
- Type /breadcrumbs
- Insert link at needed location
- Enjoy stress-free Notion.
5. Borders & Transparent Boxes
A great way to pimp up your Notion workspace like shown below, is by using callouts.
- Type /callout
- Click on the block
- Choose "Color"
- Choose "Default background"
6. Add widgets
Timers, weather and countdowns, are a great way to take your workspace to the next level. 1. Go to http://indify.co and sign up with a free account 2. Pick the widget you wish and click "Copy link" 3. Go to Notion and type /embed. Paste the link.
7. Nested To Do List
You can nest your to-do list to create a simple milestone/subtask system like shown below.
- Type /todo
- Write your first todo
- Repeat below but hit Tab before typing.
- This inlines your todo and nests it underneath the first one.
8. Create columns in callouts/toggles
Notion doesn't allow you to, unless you use this workaroud:
- Type /page and create blank page.
- Create the column setup you want inside this page
- Put the page inside the toggle/callout
- Turn the page into text by right clicking.
9. GIF Covers + Icons
Did you know you can upload animated icons/covers?
- Where you normally upload your icon/cover, simply upload the .gif version.
10. Synced blocks
Ever need to edit some content across 100's of pages? Use a synced block.
- Type /synced
- Drop your blocks into the synced block.
- Right click, copy link to block.
- Input where ever you want.
You can also
- Embed GoogleMaps, Embed Google Drive, Embed Google Calendar, Embed Tweets, Embed GitHub
- Use the kanban view to build flowcharts
- Use anchor links to create links to specific sections within a page
- Use custom font and color settings to create a unique look for your pages
- Use breadcrumbs to navigate through long pages
- Add borders to sections to help organize your pages
- Embed Google Maps to create interactive maps
- Embed Google Drive to access files from within Notion
- Embed Google Calendar to keep track of events and deadlines
- Embed Tweets to add social media content to your pages
- Embed GitHub to access code repositories